Fire Escape staircases, ladder and platforms manufacturer
South Coast Steel are leading manufactures of fire escape systems and solutions. Our fire escape solutions can be designed and manufactured to your needs and requirements. Our design and manufacture conforms to all the latest building regulations.
What’s the process for constructing a fire escape?
- Local authority – first, talk to your local authority. Your local authority will be able to confirm what you can construct under the ‘provisions of the building regulations’ which covers fire safety in all new and altered building.
- Planning permission – your local authority will confirm if planning permission is required for your fire escape or no. If required, you will need to obtain permission to proceed.
- Structural Engineer – engage with a structural engineer who will cover all requirements for the design and construction of the fire escape. This will cover all the foundation, fixing, and steel requirement.
- Manufacture – once all requirements have been satisfied by the local authorities and structural engineer, the manufacture of the fire escape can proceed. If required, we can liaise with all local authorities, surveyors, architects, structural engineers and fire authorities on your behalf
Fire escape summary
- Conformity to building regulations
- Galvanised to BS 1461 (if required)
- Powder coating (any RAL option available)
Fire escapes for private and public areas